Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And you shall call his name...

Well, "nothing." That is what I continue to tell people as Jess and I revel in the blessing of a very amazing birth.

To be sure this little stretch of our lives has been hard but not void of blessing or grace. This morning was most poignant. We had prayed that the baby would come quickly when he came. The Lord saw fit to start labor at 4:30 am and have a child born to us by 6:23.

There are many things, to be sure, that I could share and desire to do so. But here is not the forum for that information. All anyone need know is that the birth was FAST, as painless as birth can be, and Jessica is doing VERY well.
He was 8lb 12oz. and 20.25inches long.

The irony here is that we were at home to deliver and I left less than 2 hours later to take Jada to St. Jude's for testing. Jada got to see her nameless baby brother and hold him before being readmitted once again (see yesterday's post: "Home was nice...But Jesus is Calling).

God's goodness continues to flow in two primary ways: one, Jada had a bone scan and brain MRI to check for bone cancer and brain cancer and both tests came back negative (AMAZING!). They have officially diagnosed Jada with a VERY RARE form of cancer called, "clear cell sarcoma of the kidney."

Today I held a baby, held the hand of my daughter through MRIs and CT scan's, and radiation simulations. After that I had the chance to meet with Dr. Al (our lead oncologist) - who delivered the results and walked me through all the side effects of treatment. Staggering!!! Jess and I will make final decisions on treatment tomorrow with chemotherapy and radiation likely to start Thursday. This means that while I love my little guy and my wife - I must be at the hospital with our firstborn during these VERY difficult days ahead. I am sleeping on a couch tonight listening to her breath and there is not a sweeter noise in all the earth.

So, if you are keeping track, that would effectively be both ends of the spectrum that Jess and I had the chance to walk through as a couple. God is good to give us this experience so we can comfort others and exalt the name of Christ.



2 comments:

  1. We are rejoicing with you on the birth of baby X and are praying for Jada. We love you guys and are standing with you!

    Dan and Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. angwild@frontier.comJanuary 12, 2011 at 12:10 PM

    After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God." - Revelation 19:1

    ReplyDelete