Saturday, February 17, 2007

Why I love my Job


It was about 2:15 this afternoon when I realized that I LOVE my job. How many get to say this? Let me set the stage...I was shooting a video for a ministry I am blessed to oversee, its called "the Cabin." Anyway, the opening scene for the short film, was me taking my piece of junk 1991 Passat and ramming it through a snow drift...how's that for a 9 to 5?

Well, the fact of the matter is that I do not even consider driving a car through a snow drift to be the part of my job that, well, makes me write this. More than anything, it is simply the breakthrough in a teens life as they see hope in a seemingly hopeless battle against a poor home life. It's Christ conquering the besetting sin that absolutely discourages it's victim. Its victory, or as has been said before, "the Glory of God is man fully alive." I desire to see His children fully alive and living authoritative Christian lives.

Overall, I would say that it is a healthy mix that makes most people love their jobs or hate them. Me, however, I just love about all I do for my job. Sure there are frustrations that I could list regarding my job...but overwhelmingly, God has brought me to a spot where, daily, He unveils his faithfulness to me.

The uninhibited life of a 2 year with the love of a wonderful woman make my job at home that much easier as well...

1 comment: