Friday, February 14, 2014

Jessica Marie

Here's to and for my lovely wife: Jessica Marie!!!

I woke this morning early. I watched as the snow came down, sipping on some coffee, talking to God about how His word brings me life. I would not have known this love had He not taken the initiative in His Son. I began to contemplate the parallels of such love, especially as they relate to marriage.

Marriage is that great enterprise that begs for two things simultaneously: love and death. I John 4:8 says, “Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.” Marriage demands this ‘kind’ of love from each partner. But this love is not natural nor is it attainable without the indwelling Spirit of God. His Spirit given to men after the death of His Son! So, to love rightly, is to love sacrificially… unto death (Eph 5:25). Marriage is great practice for the exercise of sacrificial love ~ love by death. Death to self; by, through and IN Christ!

In these past weeks/months I’ve relished watching you be moved by the Spirit to a deeper sense of mission and that is of inestimable worth to me! Until death brings our separation I deeply desire to be a couple that makes every moment count for the kingdom. With you as my spouse (and the Spirit’s power), I have NO CONCERN that this desire won’t be a reality. Thank you for pushing me (by your own actions) to be a more mission-minded husband. Additionally, the way you bear with me patiently has to be one of the most endearing things about you. Here’s to MANY more v-days to come! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment