Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Jammies and a Power Walk

Days are long and painful, but good. Jessica and I are continually searching for things to be thankful for in the midst of this ordeal. They are not hard to find.

Here's one: slowly the staff are getting Jada to be sitting up. That was yesterday. Then this morning at 4:45 they began the task of prepping her for her epidural to be taken out (thus getting rid of numbness and severe pain control). They extracted the epidural and the catheter at the same time. Jada immediately said she had to go to the restroom.

The nurses came, put a bedpan at the end of the bed and scooted Jada to the edge - pointing to the bedpan, they said, "ready to go potty?" Jada took one look at it and said, "I'm not going in that! I want the big potty!" AMAZING - and really how Good has God been during this time?

That said, Jada finished her trip by returning to her bed, walking gingerly and complaining of stomach pain. The nurse told her we were going to continue walking out of the room to the nurse's station. Jada flatly refused, even with tears, and stated emphatically, "my outfit is ugly" (she was in yellow hospital scrubs). The nurse asked if she had new Jammies if she'd take a walk. Jada agreed.

Two hours later, Jammies arrived (thank you Rachel Rumbold and Sonya Hillrich). Jada promptly emptied her bladder and walked to the nurse's station (pictured above). So, moral? Buy Jada Jammies and she'll walk with you. Or maybe its something a little deeper...

Psalm 34:4 says, "I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears."
Jada literally grabbed my hand and said, "Daddy, I am scared, my belly hurts and I cannot walk." I whispered in her ear, "Jada, Jesus is your strength (the constant refrain from all who whisper in to her sweet ear)." SHE WALKED! What faithfulness our creator has in his heart for those who seek him.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet, Jada! The Lord is her strength!
    We love you all and are praying.
    Connie & Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is amazing what a girl can do in a new outfit!

    ReplyDelete