Friday, June 6, 2008

to train or not to train...



To train or not to train? That was the question posed on the 29th and 30th of May at a church in central Illinois by the senior staff of Camp of Champions USA? The answer...TRAIN. Ephesians 4:11-12 is clear - preparing the body of Christ for works of service.
My prayer is that by training the staff of COCUSA they were empowered by the holy spirit to engage in relationships and display the character and priorities of Jesus Christ to children ages 5-12.
Here are the pictures of that training...notice how the "devil" lay tackled and muzzled on the floor by our self-proclaimed intercessor. What a great God-honoring two days of work. The Lord bless you COCUSA as you engage in ministry this summer.




7 comments:

  1. And thank YOU very much for conducting the training, it was both edifying and fun, and already in the first week I'm pretty sure everyone has had a chance to put it into practice.

    So tell me, how do you feel about this comment... >.>

    ReplyDelete
  2. hocster...let me tell ya man according to my love language - I dig it. here is the deal, I am so pleased and grateful to Christ that the training has become useful for you. God is so good like that.

    what has been the one thing you learned which you were able to put into practice this past week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How would you feel about me saying that I've asked the kids a lot more fat questions than last year...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. fat questions are GOOD. keep it up man. I know that it can get hot and crazy at COCUSA during the summer, but stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a training mad man... way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not in cocusa, but I do have a question from a non-believing friend. They asked how we can know that the bible is true if it was "written" by mere men who are flawed and make mistakes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. good points and the details are more precise than somewhere else, thanks.

    - Thomas

    ReplyDelete