Wednesday, January 10, 2007

She found me out


She found me out. I have tried for years to keep it hidden, but my wife has discovered the crux of my sin issue...I am insanely selfish. The other day I acted in a way that really solidified this for me - I am selfish. I laid awake last night for hours wondering why it is that God allows such crud in our lives.

You know, "if God is so loving, then why is there war, or famine, or strife in relationships?" You name it, someone has most likely struggled with it. In my case it is this whole idea of pride or selfishness. The barrier to a better relationship with my wife is to consider Phillippians chapter two.

Christ, the King of All, humbled Himself and became obedient to even death on a cross (the most humiliating and noticeable death at the time) all for the sake of God. Well, the same should be true of me, to become so obedient to Christ that I see how my actions might promote Christlikeness in my wife. Sadly, I failed the other day, as I have many times. God's grace is limitless and my wife is incredibly forbearing - THANK YOU LORD!! So, with the grace of God and the excitement of a better relationship with my wife firmly in my line of sight...I will pick up again today and try it all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment